By HOLLAR, W[enceslaus], 1672
- Author: HOLLAR, W[enceslaus]
- Publication place: [London
- Publisher: J. Macock for Nathanael Brooke
- Publication date: 1672].
- Physical description: Etching.
- Dimensions: 134 by 222mm. (5.25 by 8.75 inches). Plate size: 95 by 175mm.
- Inventory reference: 18247
Hollar’s image of Windsor Castle is divided into an upper view showing a ‘Prospect of the Castle from the S.E.’, seen as from the park with the river Thames in the background, and a lower aerial view depicting all the external and internal structures that make up the huge castle complex, as well as many of the surrounding buildings and fields. In the upper right-hand corner of this second section is a 28-point numerical key identifying significant features on both views. Small figures are also shown walking along Windsor’s streets, courts and fields in both.
- NHG Hollar 2165 I
- Pennington 1072.