W is for Weaver
By CROZIER, John, 1783
John Crozier Weaver & Mercer… Makes & Sells all Sorts of Silks Keeps a large Assortment of Stuffs, ?Jerwich Crapes Bombazeens, Quilted Coats &c &c. NB. Merchants and. Shopkeepers. May be Supply’d on ye most Reasonable Terms
- Author: CROZIER, John
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: At the Turks Head No.21 Widegate Street, Spittlefields
- Publication date: c1783
- Physical description: Engraved trade card, clipped at corners.
- Dimensions: 90 by 120mm. (3.5 by 4.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 17928
The majority of Crozier’s trade card is taken up with written information supplying the trader’s name, address and list of goods and services, but it also displays an ornately framed illustration of a Turkish man drawing a sword. This is presumably a reference to the location of Crozier’s sop, which was “at the Turks Head”.