View of the Singel canal in Amsterdam as viewed from the Prins Hendrikkade
- Gesicht Van De Cingelverby de Kerk Van die van de Ausburgische confessie naar Ian Roonpoorts toren tot Amsterdam. Fossa Cingens; Confessionis Augustanae Remplum transiens, Johannis que de porta rubra turrim respiciens Amstelaedamum.
- SCHENK, Jan [after] RADEMAKER, Abraham
- Leonard Schenk,
- Publication place
- Publication date
- 558 by 950mm (22 by 37.5 inches).
Engraving with etching, on two sheets joined.
The most prominent feature of the of this view is The Ronde Lutherse Kerk or Koepelkerk is a former Lutheran church. The church was built in neo-classical style and has a characteristic copper dome. It was built in 1671 by Dutch Golden Age architect Adriaan Dortsman, who also built Museum Van Loon, a magnificent private residence at the Keizersgracht. When the Lutherans left the building in 1935, it became a concert hall. In 1993 the interior and characteristic green-colored copper dome were destroyed by fire. After a renovation period of 16 months, the church was fully restored. Further down the canal the imposing Roonports tower can be seen.
Leonard Schenk (fl.1720-1746) an Jan Schenk (1698-1752) were brothers working as engravers and publisher's in Amsterdam.
Abraham Rademaker (1677 – 21 January 1735) was an 18th-century painter and printmaker from the Northern Netherlands. Rademaker was born in Lisse. According to the RKD he was a versatile artist who painted Italianate landscapes, but is known mostly for his many cityscapes and drawings of buildings that were made into print.
R.W.P. de Vries, auction, 1925: 284