View of ships on the IJ with Buiksloot in the background
By SCHENK, Leon; [after] LAAN, Adolph van der, 1720
Gesigt Uyt Het Y Tussen Amsteldam en ‘t Tol Huys te sien naar Buyk-Sloot. Conspectus ex ya fluvio, inter Amstelaedamum et telonium versus ventri fossam.
- Author: SCHENK, Leon; [after] LAAN, Adolph van der
- Publication place: Amsterdam
- Publisher: Adolph vander Laan
- Publication date: c1720
- Physical description: Engraving with etching, on two sheets joined.
- Dimensions: 550 by 955mm (21.75 by 37.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 14416
All manner of Dutch ships are shown plying their trade on the IJ, the body of water northeast of Amsterdam, with ocean going vessels, packets, and small rowing boats all depicted. In the background is a prospect of the town of Buiksloot.
Jan Schenk (1698–1752) was an engraver and publisher in Amsterdam.
Adolf van der Laan (1684–1755) was a Dutch draftsman and engraver.