By GRIBELIN, S[imon], 1696
An Almes-House at Mile-End near London belonging to Trinity-House. The View of an Almes=house, Built by the Corporation of Trinity=house in the year 1696, at Mile=end near London, wherein Twenty eight decay’d Masters of Ships and Pylots, or the Widows of Such, are by the said Corporation maintain’d; As are Fifty nine Persons more of the Like quality, at Deptford in Kent, and Six more at the Dogron.
- Author: GRIBELIN, S[imon]
- Publication date: 1696–1722
- Physical description: Engraving.
- Dimensions: Image: 386 by 600mm (15.25 by 23.5 inches). Sheet: 445 by 630mm (17.5 by 24.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 12346
Simon Gribelin (1661–1733) was a French Huguenot engraver, whose family fled to England to escape persecution.
- BM 1880,1113.5116
- London Metropolitan Archives SC/GL/WAK/S3/MIL/P5414315.