Design for a Naval Monument proposed to be erected in Trafalgar Square By John Goldicutt Architect, Member of the Academy of St Luke Rome.
- Author: BAYNES, T[homas] M[ann] after GOLDICUTT, John
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: G. Hullmandel
- Publication date: 1833.
- Physical description: Lithograph.
- Dimensions: 280 by 450mm (11 by 17.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 12444
The text at the bottom outlines Goldicutt’s proposal, suggesting that a terrace be created on the south side of the square, with an equestrian statue of George IV (who had died two years before) added to the existing statue of Charles I. The fountain in the middle of the terrace would be surmounted by a statue of William.
Thomas Mann Baynes (1794–1876) was an English artist and lithographer. He was probably the son of the watercolour artist James Baynes (1766–1837).