The Port of London as it never was
By DANIELL, W[illiam], 1800
To the Right Honble. Lord Hawkesbury, &c. &c. This perspective Sketch illustrating a design submitted to the consideration of the Select Committee of the House of Commons on the improvements of the Port of London Is inscribed by his obedient humble Servant Geo. Dance.
- Author: DANIELL, W[illiam]
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Published as the Act directs, for Geo. Dance Esq. R.A. Upper Gower Street
- Publication date: 1800.
- Physical description: Engraving with aquatint.
- Dimensions: Image: 320 by 630mm (12.5 by 24.75 inches). Sheet: 380 by 670mm (15 by 26.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 12492
The print is dedicated to Lord Hawkesbury, later to become Lord Liverpool and Prime Minister for 15 years. At the time he was Master of the Mint, and the chairman of the Select Committee formed to consider the problem of shipping and commerce in the Port of London.