The London Colosseum
By BASSET, [Paul-André], 1830
Vue de la Terrasse de Chester du Colisée des Places de St André et du Parc, au Parc du Régent à Londres.
- Author: BASSET, [Paul-André]
- Publication place: Paris
- Publisher: chez Basset, Rue St Jacques No. 64
- Publication date: 1830
- Physical description: Engraving and etching with original hand colour.
- Dimensions: Image: 251 by 402mm (10 by 15.75 inches). Sheet: 331 by 460mm (13 by 18 inches).
- Inventory reference: 12435
The building which housed the panorama, based on the Pantheon, was designed by Decimus Burton. The painting and building together were so costly that a major backer, the politician Rowland Stephenson, ended up fleeing to America to avoid his debts, as did Hornor.
Paul-André Basset was a French dealer and publisher active in the late eighteenth and early nineteenth century.