The first underground railway in the world
By KELL BROTHERS, 1863
Metropolitan Railway Baker Street Station.
- Author: KELL BROTHERS
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Kell Bros., Castle Street Holborn
- Publication date: c.1863
- Physical description: Chromolithograph, mounted on board.
- Dimensions: Image: 380 by 597mm (15 by 23.5 inches). Sheet: 550 by 760mm (21.75 by 30 inches).
- Inventory reference: 12376
The print was presumably produced to celebrate the inauguration of the opening of the line.
The Kell Brothers (fl.1860–1870) were lithographers and chromolithographers working in Holborn.