The Red Lion at Kilborn.
- Author: PRESTAL, [Maria] C[atharina] after RATHBONE, [John]
- Publication place: [London
- Publication date: 1789].
- Physical description: Aquatint with etching.
- Dimensions: Image: 345 by 460mm (13.5 by 18 inches). Sheet: 425 by 530mm (16.75 by 20.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 12432
John Rathbone (1750–1807) was a prolific painter of landscapes in oil and watercolour. Between 1785 and 1806 Rathbone exhibited 48 landscapes at the Royal Academy, and two at the Society of Artists.
Maria Catharina Prestel (1747–94) was an engraver, specialising in aquatint. Born in Nuremberg, she married Johann Gottlieb Prestel in 1772 and was a pupil of his. After separating from him, she moved to London in 1786, where she worked for John Boydell.