The Coronation of George IV
By HULLMANDEL, C[harles Joseph] after SCHARF, G[eorge Johann], 1821
The Coronation Procession of his Majesty King George the Fourth, July 19th 1821.
- Author: HULLMANDEL, C[harles Joseph] after SCHARF, G[eorge Johann]
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Published by T. Clay, Ludgate Hill
- Publication date: Aug. 20th, 1821.
- Physical description: Lithographed print with contemporary hand colour.
- Dimensions: Image: 308 by 450mm (12.25 by 17.75 inches). Sheet: 415 by 555mm (16.25 by 21.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 12392
Charles Joseph Hullmandel (1789–1850) was a lithographic printer and publisher working in London, he trained as an artist, and opened up his first press in London in 1818. He was responsible for numerous technical developments, including lithotint and colour printing. He would later form a partnership with Joseph Fowell Walton, with the company being known as Hullmandel & Walton from 1845 to 1860.
George Johann Scharf (1788–1860) was a water colour painter, draughtsman and lithographer, and father of Sir George Scharf and Henry Scharf. He exhibited his paintings at the Royal Academy from 1817 to 1850, and was a member of the New Society of Painters in Water Colours.