The College of Arms
By SHERMIN, W[illiam] and WHITE, T[homas] after MALTON, T[homas], 1768
The College of Arms, or Heralds Office, London, MDCCLXVIII.
- Author: SHERMIN, W[illiam] and WHITE, T[homas] after MALTON, T[homas]
- Publication place: [London
- Publication date: 1768].
- Physical description: Engraving.
- Dimensions: Image: 355 by 485mm (14 by 19 inches). Sheet: 395 by 500mm (15.5 by 19.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 12441
Although the ceremonial role of the College declined during the eighteenth century, it retained a crucial role in recording genealogy.
The print is made after a drawing by Thomas Malton the Elder (1726–1801), an architectural draughtsman known best for the first commercially produced pop-up book.
- BL Maps K.Top.25.3.