The beginning of Georgian London
By ALLARD, A[braham], 1714
Intreede van ZKM George I, Koning van Groot Britanie &c&c&c in London. 1714.
- Author: ALLARD, A[braham]
- Publication place: Amsterdam
- Publisher: A. Allard, te Amsterdam in de Beurstraat
- Publication date: 1714.
- Physical description: Engraved print, with letterpress text below, tear to title, skilfully repaired.
- Dimensions: Image: 380 by 526mm (15 by 20.75 inches). Sheet: 605 by 538mm (23.75 by 21.25 inches).
- Inventory reference: 12508
Below the plan is an extensive numbered key (1–43) providing information on all the participants in the procession.
Abraham Allard (?1676–1726) was a Dutch printer and printmaker working in Amsterdam. Abraham was the son of Carel Allard, one of the major publishers during the Dutch Golden Age. Abraham took over the business on his father’s death in 1709. Both father and son had a reputation for copyright infringement and the publication of obscene images.