A True Relation of Capt. Kempthorn’s Engagement, in the Mary-Rose with seven Algier Men of War.
- Author: HOLLAR, Wenceslaus
- Publication place: [London
- Publication date: c.1669].
- Physical description: Engraving and etching, list of ships upper left, letterpress text below.
- Dimensions: 375 by 420mm (14.75 by 16.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 2242
“On a calm sea six pirate ships in line are passing to windward of the two English warships and firing broadsides in turn. The English ships are protecting three merchantmen to leeward. In the lower left corner a French ship is sailing away, and on the horizon another pirate vessel pursues a solitary merchantman”.
- Pennington 1247
- Pennington, R. (2002). A descriptive catalogue of the etched work of Wenceslaus Hollar, 1607–1677. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.