A view of Bristol and the River Avon. The arms of King Charles II and his queen, Catherine of Braganza, appear in the upper corners. The author James Millerd was a local merchant, and the map marks a difficult point in his relationship with his parent guild of the Mercers. Millard had also made a plan of the city of Bristol itself, which is advertised at the bottom of the view, published in 1671 and dedicated to the guild. They were so gratified that they gave him a silver tankard in return. When he published this view, he dedicated it to the guild again, and their arms are visible on the right hand side above a laudatory poem. However, this appears to not have been as well received, and the plate was later reengraved with curtains over the dedication, supposedly because of this snub (Garrard).
We have only been able to trace one other copy, in the University of Bristol Library.