By FEUERLEIN, Johann Peter [after], 1697
Petrus Schenck, Elberveldensis / magni nominis apud Batavos sculptor.
- Author: FEUERLEIN, Johann Peter [after]
- Publication place: Amsterdam
- Publisher: Pieter Schenck
- Publication date: 1697 or later
- Physical description: Mezzotint portrait, trimmed within the plate mark, laid on heavier stock
- Dimensions: 255 by 175mm. (10 by 7 inches).
- Inventory reference: 17725
Set in an oval frame, the present portrait shows Schenck wearing billowing embroidered robes and clutching a furled scroll. Accompanying the portrait are verses praising Schenck by Dutch writer Ludolph Smids. According to the imprint along the lower edge, the image was engraved and printed by Schenck himself from a painting made by Johann Peter Feuerling in 1697.
- For a portrait of Smids, see ref. 26064