Panoramic view of Milwaukee
By GUGLER LITHOGRAPHIC CO., 1898
Panoramic View of Milwaukee Wis. Taken from City Hall Tower
- Author: GUGLER LITHOGRAPHIC CO.
- Publication date: c.1898
- Physical description: Chromolithograph.
- Dimensions: 370 by 1200mm. (14.5 by 47.25 inches).
- Inventory reference: 12544
The Gugler Lithographic Company was founded by Henry Gugler, whose career began when he was commissioned to produce a large-scale engraving of the assassinated President Abraham Lincoln. He used the success of this image (it was later turned into a stamp) to start his own printing company in Milwaukee, which stayed in business under the Gugler family until 1956.
- LOC PGA — Gugler Lith. Co.–Panoramic view of Milwaukee, Wis. […].