P is for Plate Dealer
By BRISCOE, Stafford; and Richard MORRISON, 1762
Second-Hand Plate – Watches & Jewels. Briscoe & Morrison, Jewellers and Goldsmiths … Continues to Make it their particular Business, to Deal in all Sorts of New and Second Hand Plate, Watches and Jewels, of which they have constantly the greatest Variety and are determin’d to Sell (as formerly) at Lower Prices than Common and Likewises to Give the most Money for any Quantities of Old Plate, Watches, Jewels: Pearls & Coloured-Stones of all Kinds, by Reason of the great Demand they have for y.e Same – NB. The Full Value Given for Pawn’d Plate, Watches, Jewels &C. Buy and Sell for Ready Money Only.
- Author: BRISCOE, Stafford; and Richard MORRISON
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: at the Old Shop the three Kings and Golden Ball Opposite Foster Lane in Cheapside
- Publication date: from 1762
- Physical description: Engraved trade card, with ink lines.
- Dimensions: (sheet) 190 by 145mm (7.5 by 5.75 inches). (plate) 145 by 115mm (5.5 by 4.5 inches)
- Inventory reference: 17836
- See BM Heal 67.46 for trade advertisement for Briscoe & Morrison<br />