M is for Metal Worker
By CHALMERS, George; and ROBINSON, 1773
Chalmers & Robinson Jewellers & Goldsmith, — Make & Sell all Sorts of Jewellers work Funeral & Motto Rings, &c Likewise Sell all Sorts of Plate, Watches, Silver Plated, Steel & Metal Buckles, Combs, Cutlery, Hardware, Spectacles, Rules, Mathematical Instruments, &c. NB Buys Jewels, Old Gold & Silver Watches, Old Lace &c
- Author: CHALMERS, George; and ROBINSON
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: At the Golden Spectacles, in Sidneys Alley, Leicester Fields
- Publication date: from 1773
- Physical description: Engraved trade card, loss to lower right and upper corners.
- Dimensions: 200 by 155mm. (7.75 by 6 inches).
- Inventory reference: 17849
There are three trade cards in Heal collection for Chalmers & Robinson, giving their addresses as at the Ring & Cup in Walkers Court, Berwick Street, Soho, from 1760; the Sidney Alley address, as here, from 1773, as it is a corner location, is the same building as No.1 Princes Street, which was used until 1783 by the company, and until 1793, by Chalmers alone.
- BM Heal 67.75