L is for Lacemaker
By WOOD, Joseph Thomas, 1860
J.T. Wood, Embosser, Lace Paper Manufacturer, Publisher, Printer, &c… Orders for Exportation
- Author: WOOD, Joseph Thomas
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: London, 278 Strand
- Publication date: c1860
- Physical description: Lithographed trade card, printed in blue on “enameled” card
- Dimensions: 77 by 117mm. (3 by 4.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 17802
Wood, initially a copperplate engraver, established his business in about 1841 from Curriers Hall Court, London Wall. From there is published a series of views of London on enameled card, offered at a penny each. The business moved to 33 Holywell Street, Strand in 1845; then finally 278 & 279, Strand, from 1858.
- See BM Heal 99.182