Keeping the dream alive
By DANIELL, William, 1802
View of London, with the Improvements of its Port submitted to the Select Committee of the Honourable House of Commons, by Mr Dance, exhibiting the proposed Double Bridge intended for the passage of Ships. Painted & Engraved by William Daniell, the Picture in the possession of George Dance Esqr.
- Author: DANIELL, William
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Published as the Act directs for William Daniell No.9 Cleveland Street Fitzroy Square
- Publication date: Aug. 15, 1802.
- Physical description: Aquatint.
- Dimensions: Image: 388 by 770mm (15.25 by 30.25 inches). Sheet: 490 by 824mm (19.25 by 32.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 12506
Unfortunately for Dance, his plans were never adopted: estimates of the cost ran to £1,250,000, a spectacular sum. The dedication on this print is to the entire select committee, rather than specifically to Lord Hawkesbury, but it seems to have done him no good.