K is for Knapsack Maker
By LYFORD, Richard; and William CLARK, 1777
Rich Lyford, Leather Seller
- Author: LYFORD, Richard; and William CLARK
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Opposite Hungerford Market, in the Strand
- Publication date: c1777
- Physical description: Engraved trade card
- Dimensions: 255 by 185mm. (10 by 7.25 inches).
- Inventory reference: 17772
Heal notes that the “Directory” for 1777 gives Lyford’s address as here, moving to 463 The Strand by 1784. This card was reproduced in “Ellis’ ‘Catalogue of Trade Cards’ as frontispiece, Issue No.21, following Hodgkin Sale 1914”.
- BM Heal 78.14<br />