I is for Ironmonger
By SHARP, James
Anchors, Grapnalls, Shipwork, Millwork, Enginework, Pressword, Carriages, Rollers, Ploughs, Harrows utensils in Husbandry &c
- Author: SHARP, James
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: No.15 Leadenhall Street, … or at his Manufactory No.133 Tooley Street, Southwark
- Physical description: Engraved trade card, with colour wash
- Dimensions: 165 by 185mm. (6.5 by 7.25 inches).
- Inventory reference: 17977
Brother of Granville Sharp (1735–1813), abolitionist, James Sharp was a successful ironmonger, listed in London Directories from 1763–1784 at 15 Leadenhall St. He was succeeded at that address by Catherine Sharp, who was still operating from there until 1793. He is depicted in the famous painting by Zoffany of the Sharp family.
- BM Heal 1.2, 58.26
- BM Banks 58.38