By ROOKER, Edward after ROOKER, Michael Angelo, 1768
The Horse Guards
- Author: ROOKER, Edward after ROOKER, Michael Angelo
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Publish’d as the Act directs by Edwd. Rooker, in Queens Court, Queen Street, Lincoln Inn Fields
- Publication date: 1768.
- Physical description: Engraved print.
- Dimensions: 430 by 575mm. (17 by 22.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 12354
From the series ‘Six Views of London’, by Edward Rooker. Rooker made the series of prints after drawings by the artists and brothers Paul and Thomas Sandby, and his son Michael ‘Angelo’ Rooker, whose teasing nickname was given to him by the Sandby brothers, and eventually stuck.
- Adams 1983 58.3
- Adams, B. (1983). London Illustrated 1604–1851. London: The Library Association.