By HOLLAR, Wenceslaus after Joannes MEYSSENS, 1649
- Author: HOLLAR, Wenceslaus after Joannes MEYSSENS
- Publication place: [Antwerp
- Publisher: Jan Meyssens
- Publication date: 1649].
- Physical description: Engraved portrait, trimmed to platemark.
- Dimensions: 160 by 114mm. (6.25 by 4.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 18288
The portrait appeared in ‘Image de divers hommes’ (1649), a collection of portraits of some of the most renowned artists of the time, which quickly became popular in Flanders and England, and was reprinted numerous times. Hollar himself produced the portrait, along with many of the other plates in the book, after a portrait painted of him by Jan Meyssens, the editor of the work.
- NHG Hollar 1058 IV
- Pennington 1419ii.