Aspect Général de Londres Vue Prise de l’Abbaye de Westminster.
- Author: APPERT, A[rnaud] after CHAPUIS [CHAPUYS, Nicolas Marie Joesph]
- Publication place: Paris
- Publisher: Publiée par A. Appert, Grande Rue, No. 111, aux Paris St. Gervais (Banlieu de Paris)
- Publication date: c.1850
- Physical description: Engraving with aquatint.
- Dimensions: Image: 517 by 835mm (20.25 by 32.75 inches). Sheet: 635 by 870mm (25 by 34.25 inches).
- Inventory reference: 12597
A previously unrecorded (third) state of Appert’s view. Hyde gives the second state as bearing the imprint ‘N. RÉMOND, IMP. rue de la Vielle Estrapade, 15, PARIS.’ (as in the Guildhall Library example, for example), and the third state with A. Salmon’s particulars (as below). The present example was published before the addition of Salmon as printer, but with the imprint : ‘Publiée par A. Appert, Grande Rue, No. 111, aux Paris St. Gervais (Banlieu de Paris)’.