William Darton, Wholesale Bookseller,… Maps, Charts & Plans of every descriptiom. Extensive collections of Books for the Use of Children & Young People, and Works of Merit as soon as Published. School-Books in every branch of Education and Books in all Languages. Arts, Sciences, and Polite Literature, either in Plain or Elegant Bindings.
- Author: DARTON, William [Junior]
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: 58, Holborn Hill, London
- Publication date: c1820
- Physical description: Engraving.
- Dimensions: 123 by 80mm. (4.75 by 3.25 inches).
- Inventory reference: 16497
William Darton (1781–1854) was an engraver, mapseller, bookseller, publisher and printseller, active in London at the beginning of the nineteenth century. Apprenticed to his father William Darton, in 1795, he branched out with his brother Thomas Darton in 1804, and set up on his own on in 1810. As well as maps of London and the English counties, he specialised in the publication of educational children’s games including jigsaws.