The Mail Arriving at Temple Bar.
- Author: BAILY, J. after NEWHOUSE, C[harles] B.
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Published by J. Watson, 7 Vere Street, Cavendish Square
- Publication date: July, 1834.
- Physical description: Engraving with aquatint and contemporary colour, closed tear to title and just into image.
- Dimensions: Image: 292 by 414mm (11.5 by 16.25 inches). Sheet: 356 by 450mm (14 by 17.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 12389
The guard at the back of the carriage is blowing a trumpet to warn passengers and the gatekeepers of their arrival, and has awakened a figure in nightcap and gown who peers from the window to the right. The passage of the coach is observed by a traveller with a carpet bag and a night watchman with a torch hanging from his belt, who would patrol the streets and call out the times.
Charles B. Newhouse (1805–77) was an English artist working in London. John Bailey (fl.1811–34) was an engraver working in London; he engraved several views by Pollard.