Perspective de la ville neuve, et du Palais de S. M. du d’hollande et des Environs de La campagne de Losehuwitz, avec partie de La Roiale Eglise Catolique, et des Bastions de la ville de Dresde, prise de la prairie Soignante aux Leuries Roiales et a L’orangerie Ce Tableau fait par ordre de Sa Majeste Le Roy de Pologne et Elec: de Sax. &&&
- Author: BELLOTTO, Bernardo
- Publication place: Germany
- Publisher: Peint, dessine et grave par Ber: Bellotto dit Canaletto
- Publication date: 1748.
- Physical description: Etched view, with the arms of Augustus III, King of Poland beneath the main image etched on a separate plate, old central vertical fold (pale waterstain upper left).
- Dimensions: 540 by 835mm. (21.25 by 32.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 12736
Bernardo Bellotto (1722–1780) was born in Venice, and was the nephew and apprentice of Canaletto (1697–1768). Initially he painted views in Italy, but from 1747, when the present view was created, he moved to northern Europe and worked often in and around Dresden. In 1767 he moved to Warsaw, where he lived out his life, painting and engraving views of the city which were sufficiently accurate topographically to be used during the reconstruction of the city after World War II.