By SALMON, Thomas, 1738
Isoletta Desima Abittata Dagli Olandesi Nel Giappone Secondo La Delinieazione Del Sigr. Voogt
- Author: SALMON, Thomas
- Publication place: [Venice
- Publication date: 1738?].
- Physical description: Engraved view.
- Dimensions: 185 by 250mm. (7.25 by 9.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 15850
Thomas Salmon (1697–1757) was a writer specialising in history and geography. He ran a coffee house in Cambridge, before moving to London; he had also served onboard ships in the East and West Indies. He was part of the crew during Admiral George Anson’s 1739–40 circumnavigation of the world.