By JENSEN, Harald [after] FOURNIER, 1800
Malthe Conrad Bruun.
- Author: JENSEN, Harald [after] FOURNIER
- Publication place: [Denmark]
- Publisher: Harald Jensen
- Publication date: c1870
- Physical description: Lithograph portrait.
- Dimensions: 180 by 107mm. (7 by 4.25 inches).
- Inventory reference: 17744
This portrait was made by lithographer Harald Jensen, probably around 1870, and is based on an earlier engraving of the cartographer by a Fournier, probably Pierre-Simon rather than the more famous David. It shows Malth-Brun in profile, wearing a jacket and high white collar; his long hair appears to be his own, rather than an example of the fashionable perukes.