Claude de L’Isle
By ANONYMOUS, 1808
Claude De L’Isle Königl. Historiograph u. Geograph. Geb. zu Vancouleur d.5 Nov. 1644. gest. d. 2 May 1720.
- Author: ANONYMOUS
- Publication place: [Weimar
- Publisher: Friedrich Justin Bertuch
- Publication date: 1802].
- Physical description: Stippled portrait.
- Dimensions: 187 by 107mm. (7.25 by 4.25 inches).
- Inventory reference: 17748
Issue Ten of ‘Allgemeine Geographische Ephemeriden’, published in 1802, contained a portrait of De l’Isle dressed in robes, a cravat, and a large wig. The oval frame in which the image is presented is accompanied by a caption in German stating his position, and dates of birth and death.