C. Hammond, Ladies’ & Gentlemen’s Boot & Shoe Maker… Repairs neatly executed.
- Author: HAMMOND, C[harles]
- Publication place: Birmingham
- Publisher: 37, Whittall Street, Near Steelhouse Lane
- Publication date: c1858
- Physical description: Engraved trade card.
- Dimensions: 65 by 90mm (2.5 by 3.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 17867
Trade card for Charles Hammond, a cobbler active in Birmingham during the mid-nineteenth century. Hammond is listed in ‘General and commercial directory of the borough of Birmingham’ of 1858 as operating at the address listed on the card, 37 Whittall Street, but there are otherwise very few records of his activity. The card is aptly decorated with engraved illustrations of both men and women’s boots, which Hammond made, sold and repaired.