C is for Clogg Maker
By BERRY, Tho[ma]s, 1799
All sorts of fine leather clogs. Tho:s Berry… Selleth All sorts of Fine Leather fine Leather Patterns Corke Cloggs for Ladies all Sorts of Cloggs for Gentlemen and all other sorts of Cloggs and Patterns Likewise All sorts of Leather Cloggs for Children Sold by whole Sale or Retaile
- Author: BERRY, Tho[ma]s
- Publication place: [London]
- Publisher: at the Pattern & Crowne under St. Dunstans Church in Fleet Street
- Publication date: c1799
- Physical description: Engraved trade card.
- Dimensions: 170 by 115mm (6.75 by 4.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 17942
Illustrating the trade card are images of three fine leather clogs, the central with a greatly elaborate design on the sole and surmounted by a crown. This may signify that Berry supplied his leather goods to the royal family. The images and text are framed by a decorative border.
- BM Heal 18.7