C is for Carver
By ALKEN, Henry; Samuel Williams FULLER; and Joseph Carr FULLER, 1821
S & J. Fuller, Carvers, Gilders, & Picture Frame Makers… Publishers of the greatest variety of Sporting Prints, & rudimental Works on the Art of Drawing
- Author: ALKEN, Henry; Samuel Williams FULLER; and Joseph Carr FULLER
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: 34 Rathbone Place
- Publication date: c1821-1822
- Physical description: Lithographed trade card
- Dimensions: 140 by 165mm (5.5 by 6.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 17810
Self-advertised elsewhere as: “Printsellers and publishers, stationers, artists’ colourmen, playing-card makers”, the partnership of Samuel Williams Fuller (c1777-1857) and Joseph Carr Fuller (c1782-1863) was established by 1809 when it operated from the “Temple of Fancy” at 34 Rathbone Place, as here. Their partnership was dissolved in 1854, and in 1862, their “Extensive, Interesting, and Valuable Collection of Modern Engravings, and Illustrated Books, principally the Stock of Messrs. Fuller (sold in consequence of the retirement of the senior partner)”, was auctioned by Southgate and Barrett.