By HOLLAR, W[enceslaus], 1647
- Author: HOLLAR, W[enceslaus]
- Publication place: [Antwerp
- Publication date: 1647].
- Physical description: Etching.
- Dimensions: 82 by 113mm. (3.25 by 4.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 18285
“The fur muff in these etchings is shown to be an enigmatic entity, not only intersecting with issues related to fetishism, eroticism and urban space in early modern London, but is also poised on a threshold between different economies of the object, between residual classical and medieval systems of representation and newly emergent anxieties about the commodity and exchange value.”
- Monteyne, J. ‘Enveloping Objects: Allegory and Commodity Festish in Wenceslaus Hollar’s Personifications of the Seasons and Fashion Still Lifes’, Art History 29(3), 2006
- NHG Hollar 798
- Pennington 1946.