By HOLLAR, W[enceslaus] [after] Francis BARLOW, 1658
Diversae Avium Species Studiosissime ad Vitam Delineatae
- Author: HOLLAR, W[enceslaus] [after] Francis BARLOW
- Publisher: Gulielm Faithorne
- Publication date: 1658.
- Physical description: Title page and nine engraved prints.
- Dimensions: 165 by 220mm. (6.5 by 8.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 18306
This collection was entitled ‘Diversae Avium Species Studiosissime ad Vitam Delineatae’, with each plates showing a range of different birds in natural or domestic settings. The title page shows a banner held up by two large and impressive birds, perhaps phoenixes. The avian examples within the collection are largely less grand, with chickens, ducks, pheasants, owls, geese and smaller birds prominently featured, although the final print shows three peacocks, one with its huge decorative tail held open and aloft.
- NHG Hollar: Title and Eight Doves both 1654
- 1655, 1656, 1657, 1658, 1659, 1660, R198, 1662
- Pennington 2124, 2125, 2127, 2128, 2131, 2132, 2133, 2138, 2139, 2143.