At the sign of Tycho Brahe’s Head
By ADAMS, Dudley, 1796
[All Sorts of Optical, mathematical & Philosophical Instruments Constructed on the best & most approved principles, and in the most modern manner,…]
- Author: ADAMS, Dudley
- Publication place: [London
- Publisher: 60 Fleet Street]
- Publication date: 1796 [but earlier].
- Physical description: Engraved trade card; text cartouche excised.
- Dimensions: 265 by 240mm. (10.5 by 9.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 17715
British Museum cataloguing for the trade card suggests that owing to the style of the print it was probably engraved long before 1796, and that the text advertising Adams’s business may have been changed from a previous one.
- BM Heal 501.1
- see ‘British Map Engravers’, Worms & Baynton-Williams, pg3.