By TRENT, S., 1786
- Author: TRENT, S.
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: S. Tent, No.1 New St., Covent Garden
- Publication date: Sept. 1st, 1786.
- Physical description: Etching with original hand-colour.
- Inventory reference: 18098
The Society and their member’s adherence to the study of ancient objects, and interest in arcane and obscure details, at the expense of modern day affairs, often left them open to ridicule, with the likes of Rowlandson and Cruikshank producing several unflattering satires.
Little is know about the publisher of the present work, S. Trent, save that he produced several satirical prints, during the 1780s.