By AUBERT, Gabriel, 1829
Habitue des vents publique. The attendant at a public auctions.
- Author: AUBERT, Gabriel
- Publication place: [Paris
- Publisher: Maison Aubert
- Publication date: 1829–1841].
- Physical description: Lithograph with original hand colour.
- Dimensions: 275 by 220mm. (10.75 by 8.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 15379
La Maison Aubert was a French publisher of prints, specialising in satires. Founded in 1829 by Charles Philipon and his brother-in-law Gabriel Aubert. The pair had premises in the Magasin des Caricatures in the Passage Véro-Dodat (1829), which moved to the Place de la Bourse in 1841. They opened a second shop in the Galerie Colbert in 1835; about the same time they established their own lithographic printing press. Gabriel Aubert died 1847, although his widow continued to run the business up until 1850.