By DEAN, T.; [after] H.W. PICKERSGILL, 4182
Aaron Arrowsmith Ætat. 72. Obiit. 1828.
- Author: DEAN, T.; [after] H.W. PICKERSGILL
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: A. & S. Arrowsmith, No. 10 Soho Square
- Publication date: Jan. 4th 1825.
- Physical description: Stipple engraved portrait.
- Dimensions: 335 by 255mm. (13.25 by 10 inches).
- Inventory reference: 17716
In addition to the many maps Aaron and Samuel published, they also produced some prints including the present portrait. Showing Arrowsmith seated and holding a pair of compasses, the engraving was made by Thomas Anthony Dean and based on a portrait of the cartographer by Henry William Pickersgill, a member of the Royal Academy. The plate was used as a frontispiece in the 1825 edition of Arrowsmith’s ‘Outlines of the World’.
- BM 1850,1014.179