A writing blank with views of London
By HARRILD, Robert, 1814
Views of London
- Author: HARRILD, Robert
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Published by R. Harrild, 20. Great Eastcheap
- Publication date: 1814.
- Physical description: Engraved print with contemporary colour.
- Dimensions: 480 by 380mm. (19 by 15 inches).
- Inventory reference: 12386
Robert Harrild (1780–1853) was an English printer and publisher. He was one of the first printers to use and perfect composition rollers, cylinders of ink that could be rolled across type, which sped up the process of printing. He also preserved Benjamin Franklin’s printing press. He produced many writing blanks, and by the late 1820s he specialised in printing for children.
- Bodleian Harding B 44(36), 20031204/15.