A river scene
By JOURDAN, J. after CHAPUY, [Nicolas Marie Joseph], 1860
Londres; Vue prise sur la Tamise. Londres; Vista tomada sobre el Tamesis.
- Author: JOURDAN, J. after CHAPUY, [Nicolas Marie Joseph]
- Publication place: Paris
- Publisher: V. Turgis, éditeur, 10 rue Serpente
- Publication date: c.1860
- Physical description: Lithograph.
- Dimensions: Image: 315 by 446mm (12.5 by 17.5 inches). Sheet: 470 by 610mm (18.5 by 24 inches).
- Inventory reference: 12381
The print is from a series by Nicolas Marie Joseph Chapuy showing well known European sea ports. Chapuy (1790–1858) was a French architect and artist, serving initially in the French civil service and overseeing the restoration of medieval buildings. After the fall of Bonaparte, he refused to renounce his allegiance to the Emperor and left the government in 1817, beginning a career as an architecture and landscape artist. He travelled throughout Europe and found success through portraying well-known landmarks.