A is for Angler
By SNEATH, C[harles], 1839
C. Sneath, Fishing Rod & Tackle Maker
- Author: SNEATH, C[harles]
- Publication place: [London]
- Publisher: No. 11 Compton Street, Clerkenwell
- Publication date: c1839
- Physical description: Engraved trade card.
- Dimensions: 65 by 90mm. (2.5 by 3.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 17863
Thomas Holland’s ‘The British Angler’s Manual’ of 1839 and 1841 both list as one of the London manufacturers from whom “every material used in angling may be had in perfection”. Two years later, in 1843, records show the death of a Charles Sneath in Clerkenwell.