A dedicated follower of fashion
By READ, B[enjamin], 1836
 View in the Colosseum Regents Park London, Summer Fashions for 1836;  View, Windsor Castle, Summer Fashions for 1841.
- Author: READ, B[enjamin]
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: B. Read, 12 Hart St. Bloomsbury Sq., & Broad Way New York America
- Publication date: 1836 and 1841.
- Physical description: Two engravings with aquatint and original hand colour, large closed tear, skilfully repaired.
- Dimensions: Image:  396 by 569mm (15.5 by 22.5 inches).  410 by 580mm (16 by 23 inches). Sheet: each 500 by 670mm (19.75 by 26.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 12458
As he sold mainly menswear, which was less subject to change, Read would issue only two prints a year, for summer and winter fashions. They were so well-known that they soon had imitators, and Read even offered a service to improve other tailors’ fashion plates before publication.
- Ralph Hyde and Valerie Cumming, ‘The Prints of Benjamin Read, Tailor and Printmaker’ Print Quarterly 17 (2000), pp.262–84.