Die Insel Cypern Den Venedigern Zugeherig
- Author: ZÜNDT, Mathias
- Publication place: Nuremberg
- Publication date: 1570.
- Physical description: Engraved map.
- Dimensions: 390 by 285mm. (15.25 by 11.25 inches).
- Inventory reference: 12171
Contemporary German broadsheet maps of the attack on Cyprus are much rarer than their Italian equivalents, and yet were equally important in disseminating the unfolding events for a contemporary audience. We have only been able to trace one institutional copy; that held by Basel Universitatsbibliothek. We are aware of two examples in the trade in the past 40 years; at Sotheby’s, London in 2006 for £142,400, and at Kiefer Buch und Kunstauktionen, Pforzheim in 2008 for €51,920.
- Ganado 62
- Ganado, A. (1994), Liber Amirocum. Malta: Malta University Library.
- Karrow 88/11
- Karrow, R. (1993). Mapmakers of the sixteenth century and their maps. Chicago: Speculum Orbis Press.
- Stylianou 53.
- Stylianou, A. and Stylianou, J.A. (1980). The history of the cartography of Cyprus. Nicosia: Zavallis Press.