Warwickshire — Late Georgian Birmingham
By PIGGOTT SMITH, John, 1828
Birmingham Engraved from a Minute Trigonometrical Survey Made in the Years 1825 & 1825.
- Author: PIGGOTT SMITH, John
- Publication place: Birmingham
- Publisher: Beilby, Knott & Beilby
- Publication date: 25 March 1828.
- Physical description: Large engraved plan in 48 sections, laid on linen, folding into calf slipcase, red morocco spine with label lettering.
- Dimensions: 1360 by 1270mm. (53.5 by 50 inches).
- Inventory reference: 3190
The map shows the city and surrounding area in detail, with a Grecian border. The inset map at the upper left corner is an earlier plan made in 1791. It is dedicated to William Legge, 4th Earl of Dartmouth. The Earl took an interest in science, and was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society in 1822, and was also a Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries.