Wall map of the expanding United States
By YOUNG, J.H., 1836
Mitchell’s Reference & Distance Map of the United States.
- Author: YOUNG, J.H.
- Publication place: Philadelphia
- Publisher: Mitchell and Hinman
- Publication date: 1836.
- Physical description: Large folding engraved map by J.H. young, F. Dankworth, E. Yeager, and E.F. Woodward, dissected and laid down on linen in 36 sections, contemporary hand-color in full, trimmed with pink silk, folding into marbled paper self-covers.
- Dimensions: 1475 by 1720mm. (58 by 67.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 12819
With insets of northern Maine and southern Florida, and ten insets of the vicinities of cities: Albany, Baltimore and Washington, Cincinnati, Charleston, New Orleans, the Falls of Niagara, Rochester, Boston, New York, and Philadelphia. The title appears in a large vignette cartouche below an eagle.
- Ristow 309–310.