- Witchurch Parish, Oxfordshire, north of the River Thames.
- Publication date
- 1220 by 960mm (48 by 37.75 inches).
Lithograph map with manuscript annotations, dissected and mounted on linen, manuscript letter concerning the boundary change attached to map, housed within original blue morocco slipcase lettered in gilt to cover and spine.
The present manuscript fixed the boundary between Oxfordshire and Berkshire and was formalised by a committee of four nominated Justices, two from Oxfordshire and two from Berkshire. They met at The Swan, Whitchurch, on 21st July to take evidence, examine witness, maps, plans, surveys and other relevant documents evidence. The boundary was fixed on the south side by the South bank of the River Thames, with the exception of the Public House, The Swan Inn, which was deemed to be in Oxfordshire. Two copies of the map were made, one to be kept with the records in Oxfordshire and one with the records in Berkshire. This would appear to be the Berkshire copy.