By BACON, G[eorge] W[ashington], 1885
The Metropolitan Borough of St Marylebone
- Author: BACON, G[eorge] W[ashington]
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: G.W. Bacon & Co. Ltd., 127, Strand
- Publication date: 1900.
- Physical description: Lithographed plan with contemporary hand-colour in full, laid down on linen and folding into original publisher’s red cloth covers, decorated in blind, lettered in gilt.
- Dimensions: 535 by 720mm (21 by 28.25 inches).
- Inventory reference: 11433
Each ward of the parish is highlighted and named with the western and eastern divisions outlined in red and green respectively. To the right is a list of the wards and their respective colouring. The plan highly detailed and shows, churches, schools, hospitals, clubs, theatres, tube stations, parks, squares, police stations, and notable houses. Of particular note is site of Lord’s Cricket Ground and the Zoological Gardens.
Scale: 9 inches to 1 statue mile.
Rare: only one institutional example known, at the BL bound in an atlas
- Possibly in BL C.44.d.72